Thursday, January 13, 2011

Experiences Using Twitter Thus Far

I've never even though about using Twitter before this class ~ I saw Twitter as a social network and hey, I'm already glued to my facebook. The experience of following the "hashtag ed talk" or #edchat for those Twitter folks has been interesting. I was expecting to find a lot of philosophical debates about eduation. Some of the discussion I have seen on edchat, however, has been used to share resources. Twitter appears to be a quick and easy way for people to share ideas or tools that they like to use by simply typing the given information/link into twitter and ending the tweet with #edchat. I am a little confused at how to set up a "column" so that the edchat features show up regularly on my own twitter or in my profile. But searching #edchat is rather easy in itself, and I have been able to navigate through a lot of older edchat posts as well.

In addition to these resources / questions that are shared / answers, there is no lack of interesting articles or discussion going on about not only technology in education, but education in general. I normally peruse education articles as they appear in the Times or on msn.com, but this hastag tool of twitter can provide me with these articles in a mere search. I have found some of the other sites (say, blogger) to be easier to navigate, however. Like most things, however, I will attribute this trouble with twitter as a learning curve I must overcome in this short time period. As my experience grows, I do plan on entering in on the Twitter discussion as well!

1 comment:

  1. Resource sharing is definitely one of Twitter's greatest strengths.

    ReplyDelete